Joined: 09 Jan 2010
|Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:37 pm Post subject: Step 2: Application
|To apply to the Ebon Flame, please post a new topic using the following template. Try to give us a flavour of what you're like, and how you'll fit into and add to the whole range of our community's activities - from the sociable chatting and joking that forms the backbone of guild life to the harder and deeper challenges facing Azeroth in end-game content.
Ultimately - ask yourself, what is it about your application that stands it out from the others?
Click here for a BBCode template you can copy to make posting your application easier. Remember to PREVIEW your application before posting, you won't be able to edit it after posting it.
First, title your post with your character's name, level and class - feel free to be more imaginative, but include that information. For example: Gandogar - Beard-sprite & Lord of the Drink, level 90 Warrior
Please answer all of the following questions in your application.
Please write in sentences, and be as complete and interesting as possible. Writing your application in txt speak makes it likely that you will be immediately rejected, since it isn't allowed in guild channels.
- Character name, class, current main/off-spec, and level.
- Character background: add an in-character background of yourself, or a story involving your character that will give us an idea of his or her personality and traits. If you are joining to raid and do not have any intention to RP, please write a few lines about your character. Please note - this section is not optional, it's as important to us as every other part of the application.
- Why do you wish to join Ebon Flame? What attracted you to the guild and what do you expect to find here? What do you believe makes you unique in what you can offer to the guild?
- Preferred role in raids: Tanking, healing, melee or ranged damage dealer. If you have a raid ready offspec, please state so as well - having this and doing so is desirable, raid-ready includes being suitably-geared. Those applying for social spots may leave this section blank.
- Recommendations: Are there any Ebon Flame members that you know that will vouch for your awesomeness? Recommendations from current Ebon Flame members are not essential, but we value our members' opinions.
- Previous membership of other guilds: on Moonglade, or elsewhere, on any character - not just the character you are applying with. Please bear in mind we have a firm rule that we do not allow our members to have actively raiding characters in other raid guilds - we value commitment and loyalty. We especially need to know if you have ever been in (or applied to) EF before (on any character, not just this one) If you have been in EF before, please also tell us why you left, and why you now want to return.
- General experience: When did you start playing WoW; have you played other MMOs? What is it you like to do in WoW, on a day-by-day/week-by-week basis?
- Raiding experience: if you are applying to raid, what is your experience? Please note your most current experiences, as well as any pertinent past kills or achievements. Those applying for social spots may leave this section blank.
- RL age bracket: 18-21, 22-25, 26-30, 31+. PLEASE NOTE - minimum RL age is 18. we cannot accept applications from anyone younger.
- WoW Armory link: Remember to log out with your raiding gear, non-raiders may leave this section blank - unless you want to show us your awesome RP set!
- Main and off-specs: briefly explain your experience with your current spec, as well as your knowledge of your chosen off-spec. How comfortable are you playing your off-spec, and how well-geared is it? For classes that can perform all three roles, please also explain your experience with your 3rd spec. Those applying for social spots may leave this section blank.
- Raiding intentions: we raid from 19:45 to 23:30 on Thursdays, Sundays, & Mondays. How many of these raids would you be available? Please also indicate which team you are interested in, if you have a preference. Those applying for social spots may leave this section blank.
- Addons: do you understand how to use addons such as DBM? Those applying for social spots may leave this section blank.
- Voice communications: are you willing to use voice-comms to communicate during raids (we use Mumble, and have our own server)? Those applying for social spots may leave this section blank.
- Internet connection/computer performance: is your connection stable and reliable, or do you tend to disconnect frequently? Is your computer strong enough to handle raids, or does your FPS drops below 5? You are encouraged to be honest, as your trial will bear out what you have said if/when you are offered a trial with us.
- The bonus question:
Since we're an international guild, it's important that all our members have a strong command of the English language. Please look on this as a chance to impress us with something original, individual, personal or creative, and don't just write a sentence or two.
A) For the raiders: outside of class/spec abilities and buffs, what do you feel is the most important thing you, as a person, bring to a raid?
B) For the social applicants: please write a few sentences about how you came to find out about the Ebon Flame, and your motivations to join. This could also be written in-character if you prefer.
Feedback On Your Application:
If your application is good and you seem to fit well with our community, a response will be posted as soon as possible. If not, you'll be asked to add some more information, or told that your application can't be accepted. In most cases we cannot and will not go into detail about why an application is rejected.
If your application is accepted, you will be invited to an interview. You may click here for more information regarding the interview, and our decision on your application.