Home - Raid Calendar - Wiki - Search - Usergroups - Register - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - New Posts - Log in

Social - Tomarsius - Paladin and general WoW old-timer

Ebon Flame Forum Index -> Recruitment
Tomarsius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:21 pm Post subject: Social - Tomarsius - Paladin and general WoW old-timer Reply with quote

1. Character name, class, current main/off-spec, and level:
    Tomarsius, Ret/Holy Paladin, 101 at present

2. Character background:
    My first ever WoW toon, created back in 2006, as evidenced by the frankly terrible name I gave him. But after 11 years, why change it now eh?! I actually started as a little RPer back in the day, though I've not done that for some time. Paladin-style characters are my go-to class in any RPG. I love the concept of fighting from the front to protect others, using a massive two-hander. Let the psychologists analyse that last part if they wish!

Tomarsius has gone on to be my main for most of my WoW 'career', and always a loved character, with over 119 days played. I raided as Holy and Ret for many years, though I've taken a more casual path recently.

3. Preferred role in raids:
    Melee DPS or healing. Strangely (to some), I enjoy the frantic running around as melee, keeps things fresh! Healing was my first love though, so I'd never rule out maining Holy once again.

4. Why do you wish to join Ebon Flame?
    I like that you folks have a long and stable history and that you recognise what is important in keeping a guild successful. For example, I don't think I've ever seen a guild do interviews. This in itself indicates how much you care about the atmosphere of the community, which I think is great. Why play an MMO if not to be part of a group you enjoy spending time with? In terms of what I can offer, I consider myself a social and outgoing person, who will be active in chat. Having a laugh in guild chat always makes the dailies go a little faster, doesn't it. I also have a long experience of WoW, so like to think I can offer help to my guildies when needed.

5. Recommendations:
    Looking at your roster, I can see at least one familiar name, Dawnelle. Whether knowing him is a positive thing is another matter altogether Wink! We used to have a lot of fun in The Wanderers back in WoD. It would be good to have similar times again.

6. Previous membership of other guilds:
    I've been on Steamwheedle Cartel since day one, and have been in several guilds. Righteous Fury, Logic, Saints of Chaos in the old days, and more recently, The Wanderers & Wei Wu Wei.

7. General Experience:
    As previously mentioned, I've played WoW on and off for many years, mostly on! I've always been PvE focussed, as I'm not a fan of PvP. I enjoy the questing, dungeons and raiding most. It's been hard to find a feeling that matches that when you down a boss after many tries, or work together in a dungeon to beat a challenging encounter. Generally, I enjoy the community feeling you get from playing WoW. It's cozy, almost like a second home! I have played other MMOs, but none have ever lived up to WoW for me. I'm an admitted altoholic, but Legion has made that a bit tricky, unfortunately. I'd like to try and focus in on some achievements and mount-hunting, as my achievement score is appalling given the age of my character!

8. Raiding Experience:
    Most of my raiding days were in Vanilla (UBRS, ZG, MC) and BC (Kara, Gruul, SSC). Since then I've raided casually, with a brief foray into regular raiding again in WoD. I'm interested in trying again in future and certainly have an understanding of the approach and commitment needed. At the immediate time, I'd like to remain social.

9. RL age bracket:
    I just turned 30 last month, so feeling decidedly old!

10. WoW Armory link:
    Not much to see here, but just in case you wanted to look. [url]https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/steamwheedle-cartel/tomarsius[url]

11. Main and Off-Specs:
    Retribution and Holy. I've played both for a long time, and should I ever raid with you, rest assured I will have done the reading/prep.

12. Raiding Intentions:
    At the moment, I intend to be social, as I recently started a new role in London and often have after-work commitments. I also just got married so I have to spend at least a little time with my new wife! However, the most fun I've always had in-game is raiding, so if I can get back into it at a later date, I'd love that.

13. Addons:
    I use ElvUI as a base and I am always keeping my other addons up-to-date, such as boss mods and threat meters.

14. Voice Communications:
    Using voice comms is something I actively enjoy and encourage. I have Discord installed and can install others as needed.

15. Internet Connection/Computer Performance:
    I have stable fibre-optic internet and a newly-built PC, so neither of these are an issue in terms of WoW performance.

16. The Bonus Question:
    To be honest, I left WoW earlier this year due to not having a 'WoW home' anymore. I thought it was because I was bored of the game. However, having played other MMOs, I've found that this is not the case. I missed WoW, so I have returned to the game I've played for 11 years now. From reading how you describe your guild and its ethos, I feel I can really buy into it. You are striving to maintain that sense of community I remember so clearly from my early WoW experiences. I'd like to be part of that.

Thank you for the opportunity, and I hope my application has convinced you that I can make a good contribution to this guild. Congratulations on reading this whole wall of text by the way; have some imaginary internet points for good will!

[url][/url]

Verannion
Captain of the Flame

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Tomarsius. Please find me in-game for a chat. My battletag is Monkelton#2187. I'm usually on between 19.00-21.00 server time.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Verannion wrote:
Hello Tomarsius. Please find me in-game for a chat. My battletag is Monkelton#2187. I'm usually on between 19.00-21.00 server time.

Hey Verannion, thanks for the quick reply! I'll add you and be in touch.

Post new topicReply to topic Ebon Flame Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum