Home - Raid Calendar - Wiki - Search - Usergroups - Register - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - New Posts - Log in

Archmage Avandra Requests an Audience.

Ebon Flame Forum Index -> Recruitment
Avandra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:43 pm Post subject: Archmage Avandra Requests an Audience. Reply with quote

1. Character name, class, current main/off-spec, and level:

The Awesome Archmage Avandra, Flinger of Fireballs, Hefter of Heat, Sister of Singe, Burner of Toast.

(Avandra, Fire Mage, 110)

2. Character background:

The shackled captives trudge through the desolate landscape, all thoughts of opposition long since abandoned. A stumble is quickly rewarded with a whip crack and a snarl, as cries and whimpers form a constant backdrop to the crunch of bare feet on broken ground. The journey had been long, and the end is still nowhere in sight...

...The gutteral voices of the guards around the fire carry to the prisoners huddled together on the ground, a massive stake securing their chains into the hard packed dirt. Little of the light and none of the heat from the fires reach them, and the guards standing watch have no interest in their pleas or cries, only watching for any sign of unrest. The prisoners rags are woefully inadequate in the biting chill, as a mother clutches her bundle closer to her chest. The food they have been given is barely adequate to sustain them, and the once fitfully wriggling child has become more and more still...

...The guard jabs the point of her spear into the emaciated ribs of the prisoner lying on the dirt, peering through the swirling dust to see if he is alive or not. She grunts in frustration and merely sinks her blade into the poor wretch's abdomen, removing all doubt. Crouching down next to the corpse, she removes a smooth round object from the pouch at her waist and passes it over the manacles, releasing the dead man's wrists. Satisfied, she turns and drops the key back into her pouch, missing the opening. The mother quickly snatches up the key as she stands and the column presses forward...

...leaves whip the terrified woman's face as she runs with the last of her strength through the woods along the dry riverbed. Flashes of lightning starkly illuminate her frantic flight. She will not be missed for long, especially when the others start to free themselves. She suppresses a cry as the crumbling bank gives way beneath her feet, and darkness closes in as she strikes her head against the hard river bank...

...Cool hands remove the bundled child from the corpse's rictus embrace, and carefully part the rags. She is alive, but barely...

...The girl drops the heavy water pail with a thump onto the path with a groan and stretches her back. A sharp shout from up the path has her hastily pick up the pail, a broad heavy bracelet clanking againt the handle with a dull thump...

...Terror as green fire streaks through the sky. A shimmering portal yawns open suddenly in the path of her panicked flight, it is too late to stop herself from tumbling in...

...Darkness...

..."Child? What are you doing on my floor?"

3. Preferred role in raids:

Ranged DPS

4. Why do you wish to join Ebon Flame?

I met Heba one balmy, illusion-filled day in Suramar City, and thought she was pretty neat. She has also spent an awful lot of time being super-nice to me, and I now feel really obligated to pay it forward. Nothing like hiding bodies. Perhaps I could bring someone cookies in jail or something.

Seriously though, every member I have subsequently met has added to my impression that I had stumbled upon some decent folk who have created something really special as a guild. I would like to be one of those decent folk, if you will have me.

5. Recommendations:

I recommend Heba.

6. Previous membership of other guilds:

Nothing important. I have a couple of non-raiding alts in other guilds that mostly exist to find a good guild fit. Hopefully that search is over. A couple of them are 110. I played on Horde (Sha'tar) for a long time, but faction transfers killed off the player base and decimated the guild a while ago. Yes, the irony is not lost on me. The characters still exist, mostly, but they are rarely logged.

7. General Experience:

I started playing WoW just before TBC launched, barring a few breaks here and there. I have also wasted my youth in LotRo, Elderscrolls Online, Eve, Mechwarrior Online, to name a few. The only thing I don't really do in WoW is PvP, although I have in the past. I simply prefer other games' PvP. Mostly I enjoy sauntering into guarded fortresses, offing the egomaniac in charge, stealing their kit, and nicking their ride. I have also been known to spend an entire day here and there collecting raid mats for fun. Weirdo.

I am a bit of a completionist, so anything goes really.

8. Raiding Experience:

My current raiding experience is woefully inadequate to current content. Last time I properly raided was Highmaul as a resto druid, so I am a few iterations of mechanic changes out of touch. That said, I am willing and able to learn. Experience in current content is what I lack the most. That said, I am not going to cry in a corner if you reckon I can't cut it as a raider. I would still like to be part of the general awesomeness.

9. RL age bracket:

31+

10. WoW Armory link:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/steamwheedle-cartel/avandra

11. Main and Off-Specs:

Fire (896), I have done a few LFRs and joined you for a (part of) Nighthold and some mythics.

12. Raiding Intentions:

I can raid whenever necessary. Thursday, Sunday and Monday are all happily RL obligation free.

13. Addons:

Wasn't he a greek god? I use DBM as a matter of course, and will happily use whatever else is needed.

14. Voice Communications:

I am very happy to use voice comms, but can't always use a mic as it disturbs others. I am happy to listen, although I have been told that my ears are sometimes ornamental, or something. Wasn't really listening.

15. Internet Connection/Computer Performance:

For the most part I have no issues with my connection or FPS. We sometimes go through phases of iffy power that can take out our internet too, but they are pretty rare. If they start happening we can sometimes deal with a week of uncertain connectivity. You'll know because you will hear the inventive use of expletives when I log back on. I do have a standard 300 ms lag to deal with as a handicap to my innate awesomeness.

16. The Bonus Question:

How many cows do you need to make a herd?

My qualities are surprise, fear, and a ruthless efficiency. These may or may not apply all at the same time.

Verannion
Captain of the Flame

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Avandra. Please find me in-game for a chat. My battletag is Verannion#2954.

Heba
Captain of the Flame

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you.

Post new topicReply to topic Ebon Flame Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum