Home - Raid Calendar - Wiki - Search - Usergroups - Register - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - New Posts - Log in

Shaman - For raiding

Ebon Flame Forum Index -> Recruitment
Snuttysham
Ghost

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Shaman - For raiding Reply with quote

Character name, class, current main/off-spec, and level.

Hello my name is snuttysham and as cheesy as it it sounds i play a shaman. My character is a lvl 110 draenei female. Current main spec is elemental but I do have all artifact weapons at lvl 52 or above. I can play all 3 specs at decent level.

Character background: add an in-character background of yourself, or a story involving your character that will give us an idea of his or her personality and traits. If you are joining to raid and do not have any intention to RP, please write a few lines about your character. Please note - this section is not optional, it's as important to us as every other part of the application.

Snuttysham is not a very old toon, she was born out of the desire of becoming a shaman main so she was created the summer of 2017 and started out as a tauren shaman. From the start she new she was dedicated to the arts of elemental prowess hence the choise of spec. She was earlier this autumn transformed into a draenei female so she could join her friend Neyis in the shamanhood of Moonglade. She is an easy going, live and let live character which cheerishes to have fun with friends above anything else. Even though kicking some bosses ass and brute force her way through mythic + dungeons is no joke to her. Snuttysham loves transmog, and the sluttier the better it is.

Why do you wish to join Ebon Flame? What attracted you to the guild and what do you expect to find here? What do you believe makes you unique in what you can offer to the guild?
I learned of the guild by my friend Neyis which have been in the guild for some time and she told me its a guild that have lasted for a long time and that its a stable build. To me it sounds like what I need atm to have fun in this game, a stable home with great new friends to play world of warcraft with. Im also like Neyis working at the hospital which makes me not that attractive of a player to bring to raids since of my working hours.

Preferred role in raids: Tanking, healing, melee or ranged damage dealer. If you have a raid ready offspec, please state so as well - having this and doing so is desirable, raid-ready includes being suitably-geared. Those applying for social spots may leave this section blank. I just enjoy playing my shaman but ranged dd and healer is by far my favorit roles to fill. I would be willing to try enhancement on a raiding lvl aswell though im not very familiar with melee in a raid environment. I have all weapons at lvl 52 or above though I only have legendaries for elemental.

Recommendations: Are there any Ebon Flame members that you know that will vouch for your awesomeness? Recommendations from current Ebon Flame members are not essential, but we value our members' opinions. Neyis is a dear friend of mine. She wanted me to come join her so I made an app.

Previous membership of other guilds: on Moonglade, or elsewhere, on any character - not just the character you are applying with. Please bear in mind we have a firm rule that we do not allow our members to have actively raiding characters in other raid guilds - we value commitment and loyalty. We especially need to know if you have ever been in (or applied to) EF before (on any character, not just this one) If you have been in EF before, please also tell us why you left, and why you now want to return.

My shaman is in a guild called outlanders. We are just a bunch of friends doing casual stuff together and mythic +.

General experience: When did you start playing WoW; have you played other MMOs? What is it you like to do in WoW, on a day-by-day/week-by-week basis? Ive played wow back and forth since 2009. I've taken breaks several times but I always come back for some reason. My favorite activity is obviosly raiding. But I do enjoy doing mythic +, transmog hunting or other world activities like rep farm and questing. Im also a very huge lore fan fan so I love to listen to youtube vidoes about the lore of azeroth and speculations of how the game will continue to evolve.

Raiding experience: if you are applying to raid, what is your experience? Please note your most current experiences, as well as any pertinent past kills or achievements. Those applying for social spots may leave this section blank. I've played on a semi hardcore lvl back in wrath and cata, server rank 10 on both horde and alliance side. After Cataclysm I went casual, not doing much in wow and it lasted all the way into mop, my game play mostly consisted of farming rep, achivements, mounts etc. In draenor I was a total slacker and in the beginning of legion I gave my account to my dad cause he was interested in alot of rare mounts that my account had. I came back to the game earlier this summer where I created my shaman on the horde side to play with a few friends over there. My shaman has done all of EN Hc, NH Hc and this summer I also played with my friends getting a early 8/9 hc ToS. The guild split up and i left for moonglade. I later pugged a few ToS runs on moonglade inculding being successfull in killing KJ on hc even if its a late kill.

RL age bracket: 18-21, 22-25, 26-30, 31+. PLEASE NOTE - minimum RL age is 18. we cannot accept applications from anyone younger. I am 23 years of age.

WoW Armory link: Remember to log out with your raiding gear, non-raiders may leave this section blank - unless you want to show us your awesome RP set!
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/moonglade/snuttysham

Main and off-specs: briefly explain your experience with your current spec, as well as your knowledge of your chosen off-spec. How comfortable are you playing your off-spec, and how well-geared is it? For classes that can perform all three roles, please also explain your experience with your 3rd spec. Those applying for social spots may leave this section blank. Ive been playing elemental since I created my shaman only swapping to the other specs for fun or if I need to heal a dungeon. I use the optimal setup of stats, talents, flask and food etc for my spec. Whenever Im looking for information and updates of elemental I turn to youtube to a mythic raider called naesam who makes guides. Stormearthandlava is also the offical simcrafting site for ele shamans who works very close with icyveins. I might be fresh when it comes to play shaman but im really trying to improve and learn what I can to improve at my class and what role it plays in raiding or dungeons scenarios. How to adapt etc.

Raiding intentions: we raid from 19:45 to 23:30 on Thursdays, Sundays, & Mondays. How many of these raids would you be available? Please also indicate which team you are interested in, if you have a preference. Those applying for social spots may leave this section blank. Im working at a hospital so some weeks I might not be able to make all raid days but those days and times suits me fine. Some weeks I can join all raids and some not. Im obv aiming for the main team of raiding but Ill start where you'll have me and I'll work myself up.

Addons: do you understand how to use addons such as DBM? Those applying for social spots may leave this section blank. My current addons are bigwigs, littlewigs weakauras2, elvui, skada and a few others.

Voice communications: are you willing to use voice-comms to communicate during raids (we use Mumble, and have our own server)? Those applying for social spots may leave this section blank. I have a headset and a mic, am using teamspeak atm but I can download mumble, no problem.

Internet connection/computer performance: is your connection stable and reliable, or do you tend to disconnect frequently? Is your computer strong enough to handle raids, or does your FPS drops below 5? You are encouraged to be honest, as your trial will bear out what you have said if/when you are offered a trial with us.
Yes my connection is stable and reliable, never had much issues with disconnects etc.

The bonus question:
Since we're an international guild, it's important that all our members have a strong command of the English language. Please look on this as a chance to impress us with something original, individual, personal or creative, and don't just write a sentence or two.
I honestly dont know what to write but I guess some back story of who I am as a person could be interesting. Well I am a swedish bloke and im 23 years of age. I live in a small city in a apartment with my boyfriend. We have lived here for aproximetly 1 year. I work as a assistant nurse at the intensive care unit at the hospital and I work full time. Ive been employed there since just before the summer. Personal life, well I love to hang out with friends, travel with my boyfriend, going out to party is also one of my hobbies! And dont forget wow, wow takes up alot of free time aswell, haha. Other things I usually fill my daily life with is cooking, going to the gym etc.
Outside of wow I like to play league of legends, star wars and boardgames. Im a huge star wars fan and I've started to collect and read the novels. Thats just me babbling about myself alittle. Thank you for reading.

A) For the raiders: outside of class/spec abilities and buffs, what do you feel is the most important thing you, as a person, bring to a raid? Even if im very focused on the task ahead I still want it to be a chill and friendly atmosphere which everyon can enjoy. Me myself I am a laid back individuals who likes to lighten up the mood when things go rough and people takes life to serious. I love laughter, what can I say.

B) For the social applicants: please write a few sentences about how you came to find out about the Ebon Flame, and your motivations to join. This could also be written in-character if you prefer. My friend Neyis told me and encourged me to apply to the guild cause its stable and a friendly environment here.

Neyis
Worgen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy is just awesome all around:)

<3<3<3
Neyis

Neyis
Worgen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just giving a bump, think he atleast deserve some sort of reply:)

Heba
Captain of the Flame

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll ask the awkward question.
The name. Changeable. Yes or No?
Reason from this end being to at least keep up some semblance of resistance from the likes of Skillidan and Arthazdk and keep the mains list looking semi respectable, RP server and all that jazz.

Snuttysham
Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The name is ofc something that could change altought the reason with all due respect in your words made me cringe alittle. But yes I can change it to give it more of a personal wibe. I guess I'll be paying this name change myself?

Heba
Captain of the Flame

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. I’m not in the habit of financing a work around for a rule as old basically our history with the Glade. It’s an old guild, as old as the server really so we’ve got some tradition to maintain. While the rp aspect of WoW might be long gone, there is still no reason to embrace the general theme of interwebzlols just because. Perception is a big thing and names are a part of that since they are generally the first thing anyone sees when they encounter us. The same practice gets fielded if somebody names an alt in an entirely ridiculous fashion while already a member. We’ll cheerfully work to keep our community a place that’s awesome for all involved and any who look in from the outside but that of course requires some law keeping and standards to be left un-discarded down the years. It’s a trade off for having something great. It needs a lick of paint once in a while and everyone lends a hand in keeping its general public upkeep. Hope that makes sense. Just as we’ll consider our members as “us” we hope they consider EF as “us” in return.
If you are down with that concept, I’ll be happy to handle your interview myself. My B.tag is Heba#2630
I'm in for a busy evening tonight (Friday) but I suspect I'm about tomorrow in the day a bit and certainly Sunday.
Regards, Heba.

Last edited by Heba on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im fine with the concept, I just had to question it since its about real life mone I'll come up with a name and pursue with a name change.
Regarding the weekend, adding your btag and i'll keep an eye out for when you are online.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ebon Flame Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum