Home - Raid Calendar - Wiki - Search - Usergroups - Register - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - New Posts - Log in

Guild activity in late hours?

Ebon Flame Forum Index -> Public General
Andrāste

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Guild activity in late hours? Reply with quote

Hello good people!

I've recently come back to WoW after a couple years break. I've been playing (on and off) since Vanilla...well, since TBC had just come out, to be precise....
......and I found out my old guild is pretty much dead =\ , At least during the hours I manage to usually be online which unfortunately are rather late (21/22:00 ---> 01/02:00 approximately) so basically I end up playing always pretty much alone. I'm now currently leveling my old main toon (Andrāste) to 110 as my top priority (obviously) but otherwise I always enjoy teaming up and do stuff together (from dungeons to raids - although I'm quite rusty on those last; PvP! and since I sort of always RP a bit my Pally I always enjoy also just helping out like a true paladin would do =P )

Hence my humble question to you if I may: how's your honorable guild fearing in late hours?

(My battle tag is Matoki#2577 in case it's needed)

Heba
Captain of the Flame

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Andrāste.
Looking at the hours you keep, our raids are either already underway or over. As for the amount of activity you'd find at that time well, either the above or I'd suspect its fairly quiet since the vast majority have families or jobs so tend to stick to the more common times. You are of course welcome to apply but I won't guarantee you'll find many people around after 23:00 server in the week.

Andrāste

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Thanks for the reply, nevertheless.

Andrāste

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heba wrote:
Hey Andrāste.
Looking at the hours you keep, our raids are either already underway or over. As for the amount of activity you'd find at that time well, either the above or I'd suspect its fairly quiet since the vast majority have families or jobs so tend to stick to the more common times. You are of course welcome to apply but I won't guarantee you'll find many people around after 23:00 server in the week.

Actually there were like 6-7 members still online up to almost 1 am yesterday =)
Was it just because of being Friday night or is it always like that?

Materalus
Vaelastrasz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are typically online for longer on the weekends, indeed. But the usual guild events don't tend to run that late, due to the majority of people being tired and winding down etc. The atmosphere in guild chat is usually pretty friendly, so striking up a conversation with anyone present isn't all that difficult. If you're able to get a dungeon group together with the people around, then by all means go for it.

Need something resolved? Don't hesitate to get in touch:
LukeStrife#2143

Heba
Captain of the Flame

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday night had an event on so people were around a lot longer.

Materalus
Vaelastrasz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Doublepost because no edit button in this forum)

As Heba mentioned, during the week itself most people won't be up late due to day-jobs and families, but over the weekend people are for sure a lot more present. Timezones are also something to consider, as we have folks in the UK, but also those who are +1 or +2 hours ahead. I myself tend to be up late quite often anyway, due to my job requiring me to finish in the late evening on several days.

Need something resolved? Don't hesitate to get in touch:
LukeStrife#2143

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ebon Flame Forum Index -> Public General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum