Home - Raid Calendar - Wiki - Search - Usergroups - Register - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - New Posts - Log in

Priestess of The Light, Keeper of Hope, Portal Stewardess

Ebon Flame Forum Index -> Recruitment
Miramaar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:31 pm    Post subject: Priestess of The Light, Keeper of Hope, Portal Stewardess Reply with quote

1. Character name, class, current main/off-spec, and level:

Miramaar - Human Priestess - Holy, and that's that, I'm afraid. - Lvl 120.

2. Character background:

Like for many others, Miramaar's idyllic childhood in the deep forests of Arathi Highlands shattered at the age of seven, when both parents were killed by trolls. (Presumably, although father’s body was never found). She made a promise to her dying mother to never become like “them”. “Always do good and you will deny them true victory”. Growing up at the Stormwind orphanage, she seeked daily comfort at the Cathedral of Light because it was just next door and the ladies at the orphanage had too much to take care of. Miramaar considers Archbishop Benedictus her father-figure, whom she studied for, combined with studies for the Brothers at Northshire Abbey. Sent from the abbey after completed studies and trainee years, she started to fulfil her pledge to the Three Virtues; the philosophy of the Holy Light.

After some years in the field, Miramaar co-founded "Azeroth Travel Bureau" with her then partner, the Mage "D". The business idea was to provide safe and beautiful travel windows to destinations all around the world of Azeroth. As a Portal Stewardess, Miramaar made sure that the traveller were safe, kept their hands inside the portals at all times, and served beverages and snacks if so wished. All for a reasonable fee. The travel bureau also arranged a few guided tours through lands in which the traveller was too inexperienced to set foot themselves. Some tours were successful, others not so much. Luckily Miramaar can bind spirit and flesh together again.

The small-scale business shut down abruptly after a short time of turbulence, when it became clear to Miramaar that "D" secretly experimented with his potions on himself. Obviously developing delusions of grandeur, he claimed that he "cleansed" fel-infected beings, when polymorphing them. He also started to present himself as Archmage Khadgar and revealed plans to marry Jaina Proudmoore. Miramaar now always feels awkward when encountering the latter. "D" vanished into one of his own portals, and rumour has it that he has been seen in the deserts of Tanaris. She has no intention to investigate this further.

These events catapulted Miramaar into a four-year long pilgrimage, before returning to Stormwind and eventually Boralus. She found many things has changed, booth in herself and in her surroundings. Albeit, the foundation of her personality remains:

Empathic ("The Orcs loves their children too"), patient, analytic, re-active rather than pro-active. Loves the life-force in every being. Ability to see the carefree, playful child within everyone, even the most heartless, undead warlock. Approaches evil presence nervously, which sometimes can cause clumsy behaviour. Subconsciously constantly compensates for becoming an orphan. Most faithful to The Light and highly admires its authorities. Struggles with doubts when exposed to extreme misery. Adores fine cloth, pets, moon glow drinks and chocolate cake. preferably all at the same time. Fears dark places and trolls.

Affiliation: The Light, The Cathedral of Light, King Varian Wrynn of Stormwind, The Alliance, in that order.

Miramaar – rarely ever in the frontlines – instinctively knows the vital importance of spiritual support and back-up in difficult times. Faith and belief, a gentle hand in the small of the back, a soothing stroke across an aching shoulder, and a reassuring, warm gaze into pain struck eyes, patient, reminiscent words of insights already won, in order to help others keep focus.

She may not always stand on the grim battlefield, but at least in the Cathedral of Light or high on a mountain top, preparing for the hardship. Raising her hands to the sky, praying and praising, asking the Light to bless the fighters with strength and courage, and grant merciful rest to the souls lost. All for the sake of Love and good, and the living beauty in all beings of the Universe. Her chanting embracing the war grounds and its champions, she serves as the channel between them and the Higher Purpose.

Even when her own faith falters, her fear can serve others, reflecting the importance of searching and finding the courage within oneself.

-------------------------

Miramaar's musical theme is "Adiemus" by Karl Jenkins. (Yes. Jenkins.)

3. Preferred role in raids:

If needed in raids, that would be Healer.

4. Why do you wish to join Ebon Flame?

I perceive EF as standing firmly on two core values: having fun and helping each other. For me, that is also the original purpose with this game itself. It was created in a way so that people HAD to help each other. Coming back to the game after four years, I feel the game mechanics has allowed players to drift away from the original idea. EF is guarding the fun factor and the helpful factor. It appeals to me. Also, Solmund has spoken very warmly of you.

5. Recommendations:

Erhm... Chocolate cake, anyone...?

I haven't asked around for recommendations, but Solmund knows me from before. I also have Merri and Perlin on my old friendslist, and maybe a few others, so I have met and interacted with some Flames before.

6. Previous membership of other guilds:

When I started to play my first guild was "Gathering of Heroes". It was a guild based on the same core values as EF - to help each other and to have fun. That time fostered me, as a WoWer on a RP server. I was with the guild until it dissolved. After that I was accepted into Grey Company, and stayed for a while. Then, after a few weeks alone on dusty roads, along came Aura, also a very fun and helpful guild. Lots and lots of brilliant madness and fond memories. A couple of the members are now RL friends. Finally, co-founding Azeroth Travel Bureau, before leaving the game four years ago.

7. General Experience:

I started to play Vanilla WoW in the spring of 2006, and stopped summer 2015. The first years was filled with levelling, dungeons and RP. We went through dungeons IC. Then I conjured some courage to raid. And loved it. After I stopped fearing PvP, I started to do BGs and an ok amount of 2vs2. A mage and a priest back then could beat up the metal wearing folks. Was fun! Flex!

8. Raiding Experience:

I'm not a hardcore raider. It was always about having fun. Raided moderately from Classic through Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, and last one was in Cata (and only one). Something happened around then. It got too serious for my taste, I think. And RL demanded renewed priorities. I'm proud of having been part of the original Classic WoW experience, though.

9. RL age bracket:

31++

10. WoW Armory link:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/moonglade/miramaar

11. Main and Off-Specs:

I seem to remember having one foot each in both Holy and Discipline when levelling last round I played. Then stuck faithfully to Holy. Went Shadow briefly, only for RP reasons. Now only Holy. I miss my Shadowfiend!

12. Raiding Intentions:

I haven’t raided since Wrath Of The Lich King. But there's something very fulfilling with raid success. It's that thing happening, when The Whole is Greater than the Sum of its Parts. Being a team and everyone is needed for the result. I like that in every aspect of life.

13. Addons:

I write this with averted eyes.
    The only Addons I've ever had was Autioneer and Teamspeak. We didn't use them back then. I still don't have any, but I am educationable and certainly willing to use them when required.

14. Voice Communications:

I have downloaded functioning Discord, as demonstrated at raid one time. If accepted, I promise to not change my sweater with auto-sound on again.

15. Internet Connection/Computer Performance:

Is good. Stable and reliable. I can find out numbers for you.
    Omg. That sounded a bit like I was selling something forbidden...

16. The Bonus Question:

Miramaar sent a joyful smile across the room to the bar owner Wesley Rockhold, as she entered his Boralean establishment, the Snug Harbor Inn. Without slowing down, she pulled a pair of keys from her bag, waved them at the Innkeeper as she rounded a corner and took off up the stairs to her accommodation, faster than anyone could say “Scrap-O-Matic 1000”.

Inside the room, behind the closed door, she kicked off her slippers, placing a hand across her gasping mouth, as one of them nearly flew into the fireplace. Removing her hand, releasing a giggle, she thumped down on her bed, the one furthest away from the door. She reached for her pillow.

A familiar feeling from too long ago. Vibrant sparks of joy were building inside of her, and they needed somewhere to go in this empty room that wasn’t hers, with no one to listen. Miramaar pressed the pillow to her face, attempting to still her blushing cheeks, but mostly to shout into the soothing cloth:
    - I have a friend. A friend!
    -------
    Fifteen minutes earlier, just outside the very same Inn, Miramaar stood by the mailbox, her arms hanging passively along her sides. She felt as empty as her own post-box. “I wish I could get angry”, she thought. “Anger is leading somewhere, at least. Numbness is like a slow fall to death. Oh, well. Hope. Must keep Hope.” She sighed and prepared for yet another defeated walk to her night quarters.

Miramaar could spot a paladin well over 75 yards away. This one almost bumped into her as she turned and aimed for the Inn entrance. He passed no more than an inch away. “Well, he’s a confident one, wearing no helmet”, she thought. And then she halted, her eyes widened, as her inner bookkeeper searched the memory archives.

She turned her head slowly, randomly scratching the back of her head, discreetly peering at the man through strands of her hair. Stains of mud, blood, fel and whatnot, nothing can hide the look of a friend recognising another friend. This was Solmund, sure as the feathers on a gryphon. The paladin’s jaw dropped, as did Miramaar’s, their voices echoing each other.
    - It…it is you!
    - Is…is it you?!
    Before she knew it, there were smiles, hugs and more words. Cautious words of years that had passed and loved ones with them. Brief words of events tearing apart and events piecing together. And warm words of Solmund’s current guild family, Ebon Flame. When he spoke of them, his words landed on her like confetti. It made her surprisingly happy for him. And then, as sudden as they had met, Solmund had to take his leave. They said their goodbyes with a promise to soon talk again. Miramaar couldn’t stop smiling, as she entered the Snug Harbor Inn.
    -------
    Innkeeper Wesley Rockhold nodded at his guest as she passed him and ran up the stairs. She looked changed. Transformed even. Her cheeks were glowing like the sunset in Stranglethorn Vale. And she smiled?! It was the first time he had seen her smile.

The Innkeeper knew very little about his only tenant. A lady of the cloth, obviously. Priestess of the Light, she had told him, when seeking lodging a couple of months ago. Most mornings she ventured out, dressed for honouring her priestly path. Through fieldwork, he presumed. She would come back in the evening, marked by the elements and sometimes her own emotions; her dusty face striped from crying. Always serious, never speaking to anyone, unless spoken too. Every evening he watched her go to the mailbox, only to always return empty-handed, with a numb look on her face. And now, sudden as a darting fairy, that joyous smile?!

The landlord raised his head, gazing at the ceiling. Tiny, squeaking sounds could be heard as the planks above his head moved faintly, causing dust to trickle down, landing on the bar counter before him. If he hadn’t known better, he could have sworn the priestess was dancing up there.

Clankenfist
Baron Rivendare

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mira, love the background.

Also, I can't claim to be an expert on Karl Jenkins, but I do really like his "Dies Irae". Heard it on the radio about a decade ago. His take on Judgment Day is kinda, almost... jaunty? I imagine a conga-line of souls dancing their way into eternity while the world burns around them. Wink

--- Dorothy Parker (1893-1967)

Clankenfist
Baron Rivendare

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clankenfist wrote:

Also, I can't claim to be an expert on Karl Jenkins, but I do really like his "Dies Irae". Heard it first on the radio about a decade ago. His take on Judgment Day is kinda, almost... jaunty? I imagine a conga-line of souls dancing their way into eternity while the world burns around them. Wink

Clankenfist
Baron Rivendare

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, tried to click edit and clicked quote by mistake. Seems I don't have self-editing privileges on this sub-forum. *eyeroll*

Solmund
Magmadar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All history and an emotional reconnection aside, you had me at "Portal Stewardess" Wink

I have only positive things to say about Miramaar (a lot).

Get her in!

Hugs,
Sol

Materalus
Chromaggus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see you finally decide to join us Mira ^^

Clankenfist wrote:
Ha, tried to click edit and clicked quote by mistake. Seems I don't have self-editing privileges on this sub-forum. *eyeroll*

Yes, I believe it is to stop new applicants changing things later for the purposes of fabrication or what-have-you. It just happens to be spread across all normal users and guests in the Recruitment board.

Need something resolved? Don't hesitate to get in touch:
LukeStrife#2143

Perlin
Treasurer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that name is a blast from the past. Hi Mira! Awesome to see your application :-D

Miramaar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clankenfist wrote:

Also, I can't claim to be an expert on Karl Jenkins, but I do really like his "Dies Irae". Heard it on the radio about a decade ago. His take on Judgment Day is kinda, almost... jaunty? I imagine a conga-line of souls dancing their way into eternity while the world burns around them. Wink

Hey Clankenfist, and thank you!

I didn't know about Karl Jenkins' "Dies Irae", so I had to check it out. After listening to other composers’ interpretations of the original Latin hymn (had to look that up too), I agree on your choice of words for the Judgement Day. I would go as far as saying Jenkins created a crossbreed between Lindy Hop/Swing and Medieval Choral Music.

I can't claim being an expert on Karl Jenkins either, but I find his music extremely cinematic, and I love the way he stretches musical genres, both geographically and through history.
I guess that's what World Music is. I also love his “In Caelum Fero”.

Miramaar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solmund wrote:
All history and an emotional reconnection aside, you had me at "Portal Stewardess" Wink

I have only positive things to say about Miramaar (a lot).

Get her in!

Hugs,
Sol

Thank you ever so much, Sol! Likewise!
You're the puppet master behind this, speaking so warmly about your guild family. Smile

Miramaar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Materalus wrote:
Glad to see you finally decide to join us Mira ^^

Thank you so much! I am merely a simple moth, drawn to the Flame. Smile

Miramaar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perlin wrote:
Now that name is a blast from the past. Hi Mira! Awesome to see your application :-D

Weeee! Hiya Perlin! *throws streamers*
Long time, good to see you! Keep your blue fingers crossed! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ebon Flame Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum