Home - Raid Calendar - Wiki - Search - Usergroups - Register - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - New Posts - Log in

Social Application - Aallya - 105 - "LolDaggers Rouge&q

Ebon Flame Forum Index -> Recruitment
Aallya
Baron Rivendare

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Social Application - Aallya - 105 - "LolDaggers Rouge&q Reply with quote

1. Character name, class, current main/off-spec, and level:

Aallya - Assassination Rogue - 105

I was previously in the guild for a few months back in 2010, see my previous application.

http://www.ebon-flame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=106115&highlight=#106115

2. Character background:

Aallya was an orphan in the Stormwind orphanage, quite a happy carefree childhood sitting on the orphanage steps, watching the travellers and hero's mill by daily. Listening to their stories in the Cathedral square occasionally sneaking into the out of bounds old town with her friends, hearing yet more fantastical tales there of what lay outside of Stormwinds stony walls. One year when she was old enough to be taken out to see the wide world during childrens, she got assigned a old friendly man, who she found out on her travels was a former member of SI7 and a long since retired rogue.

After her continuious nagging on their journey he began to teach her some of the things he knew, how to vanish in plain sight and to blend in with your surroundings, how to take care of and handle a dagger, and many more tricks of his trade. They journeyed together for weeks, Aallya finally seeing some of the sights of Azeroth she had only heard about. On their final leg to the westfall lighthouse, the pair were ambushed as they rested, The rogue held off their attackers as the young aallya hid using the skills she had been taught, after hiding and running for hours, she went back to westfall, but only found their ransacked campsite, and no sign of her friend and mentor.

She went back to Stormwind, but not to the orphanage for the next few years she lived on the streets of Old town, Scrounging when she could, pick pocketing people in the trade district, honing and learning new skills when she could. She picked up as much information as she could over the years piecing together tales and legends, sorting fact from fiction, it eventually led her to the the man behind the gangs in westfall, Edwin Van Cleef. Her and a small band of adventurers ventured into the deadmines and confronted Van Cleef and his men, in the battle Van Cleef fled to fight another day. She was able to find some of her friend's armour hidden away in the hull of Van Cleefs ship with many other items and treasures looted by his Defia’s gangs over the years.

With the treasure and gold from the haul she had a set of identical armour to her mentors made for herself, she then buried her mentors armour and possession’s, in her mind laying him to rest, hoping to one day find out what happened to him, but until then she had a life to live. She left Stormwind to make her own path in the world.

(i think i might want to review and add to it, its been so long and i just really got back, might try to incorporate my many years away)

3. Preferred role in raids:
    DPS, if only i could bring more.

4. Why do you wish to join Ebon Flame?
    This sounds suspiciously like my last application, just less Heba hassling and alot more time away from WoW. Since i was last in Ebon Flame, back during the tail end of WOTLK and early parts of Cata i've probably played about a month of gametime maybe.

So i'm just getting back to it after really not playing it in anger since leaving EF at the end of 2010, i'm really enjoying the gameplay and relearning seemingly everything, so having company, or a community to be part of will just help in my enjoyment.

Because of the length of time my friends list is barren, the few people who i know from back in the day and Catalyst are still around and seem to have gone to EF or are in EF and they talk highly of the community, so it was a natural place to look. The guild has always had a good reputation, and from experience caters to a wide scope of activities for its members that caters to anything a person wants from their time on WoW.

So i know i won't be pigeonholed into just raiding, or just PVP, so hopefully i'll beable to get a little bit of anything i want, which suits where my frame of mind is at for my time in WoW.

I also think i'm a fairly fun, friendly and helpful person in game, and would hopefully add to your community.

5. Recommendations:
    I will let them speak for themselves, should they wish.

6. Previous membership of other guilds:
    Aallya was my first character started on release i can’t even remember what server I was on, I moved to Moonglade in mid 2006, with my Priest

Cathedral of Light – July 2006 to Sept 06, Nice small RP guild, as my first guild on moonglade, really nice people , did some fun things like a little Friday RP club, they even took me to my first instance, and i loved it, now i look back and think ..how the hell did i ever love a Maraudon run. I got into some RL problems and left the game September 06 for 3 months to sort things, when i returned the guild was all but gone.

Grey Company – Dec 06 to Apr 07 – Again really good people, am real life friends with a number of these, Went on my first raid to UBRS.

The Essential’s – April 07 to June 08 – with the people from GC that are my RL friends we made a small friends only guild, during that time i took part in Raid communities, namely Paradox.

Eternal Legion – June 08 to Sept 09 – After Paradox ended i decided to go with the majority of Paradox to the new Raid guild, was alot of fun with lots of great people, but as the game wore on and old people left, recruiting was hard, it was left to some to raid constantly to ensure raids were able to happen, and i just did more then i could handle, I came to dislike raiding, because I was raiding because I had to, not because I wanted to, So i left.

Proudmoore’s Swords - Sept 09 to August 2010 – was made up of myself and my old GC friends, we tried to make a nice little RP guild, didn’t work, because they weren’t around due to studying or work or kids and i was going through my burnout and hating wow stage. nice idea, just wrong timing, still in the guild and we’re going to use it for our alts and storage. I had a months in the Tempting Fate Raid community during this, i loved how they raided, i was just too burnout and sick of the game to continue though, i tried an alternative way to raid and it looked promising, but i really needed a break, i'd been playing constantly almost daily since joining the GC in 06, i've not played much since Oct 09, a day here and there maybe, but for no length of time.

Ebon Flame - August 2010 to Dec 2010 - Did some raids, met some nice people, i'd like to think i was fairly useful back then, but i was still on my wow low, i left the guild and the game about December.

Catalyst - Dec 2011 to Current - I've mostly been inactive on this, it was more of a place to park up my characters and say hi when i felt the need to play wow again. It was full of alot of fantastic people i met through my previous raiding experience. I returned for a month or so at the back end of 2011 i did some molten front stuff some firelands raids i played for 5 days on Pandas launch launch, and i lasted 2/3 days in Draenor.

7. General Experience:
    I played a ton from Classic through to the end of WOTLK, doing pretty much everything the game has to offer, whether its dungeons, game events, raids, or RP events, that used to be prevalent back in the day.

8. Raiding Experience:

As a DPS
    I’ll just list what we got at the time, Some events made raids easier, such as the 2 point Something patch that nerfed TBC raids to getting gear and going back and doing something like the 3 drakes etc.

Classic : UBRS only, i was a complete slacker during classic, I didn’t get my first 60 till 2 weeks before TBC.
    TBC, Kara – cleared, ZA – cleared, Gruul, Maggy, SSC, Hyjal all cleared in BT we got up to RoS before the nerf patch.
    WOTLK, -Naxx 10(1 undying run)/25 Cleared, OS 10(2drakes) 25(3 drakes), Ulduar 10 up to and including Mimiron, 25 up to Yogg(never beat him, just attempted a few times), Call of crusade 10/25 (normal) cleared. Nothing after that.

I've healed a very little on my priest, just a few Kara runs and some instances back in BC, I also have a DK tank, i tanked all heroics up to the crusade patch and even tanked a little 10 man raid here and there.Also I’ve lead a couple of 10 man runs, Kara, Naxx, OS.

The above was on my previous application and i have some to add that i did with EF

Call of the Crusade 10 and 25
    Ony 10
    Lich King 10/25

9. RL age bracket:
    I'm now in the 31+

10. WoW Armory link:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/moonglade/Aallya/simple

11. Main and Off-Specs:
    I'm just specced and relearning assassination

12. Raiding Intentions:
    At this point I've not really thought about it, i'm just getting back into the game, levelling, catching up on content enjoying the new content. Maybe down the line i'll get that urge again, and might beable to contribute if needed on alt runs. But i'm just here for the social at this point and maybe dungeon runs etc.

13. Addons:
    at the moment i use Bartender, Zperl, IceHUD, omen and a few other ones, my screen doesn't feel the same if i don't have addon clutter.

14. Voice Communications:
    Happy to use it if i ever raid, used it before.

15. Internet Connection/Computer Performance:
    My gaming rigs a bit old these days, was built for The Old Republic in 2011, but it still runs WoW fine, i have pretty good broadband with Virgins super top speed.

16. The Bonus Question:

I'm just looking for somewhere to belong, i feel like after so long away its been really good to be back this past couple of weeks, its familiar, yet so much new stuff. I feel like i want to be around a long time in WoW again, but that won't last without a good community, so this is my first and only stop at the moment in finding one!

izsera
Gahz'rilla

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Loldaggers! :D I saw you log in the other day and was thinking "I wonder if he's actually back or if he's just popping in". Would be awesome to be in the same guild again!

Andarama
Magmadar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg loldaggers.... Welcome back!

Shateen
Murloc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooooo :D

Aallya
Baron Rivendare

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

izsera wrote:
Hey Loldaggers! :D I saw you log in the other day and was thinking "I wonder if he's actually back or if he's just popping in". Would be awesome to be in the same guild again!

Andarama wrote:
omg loldaggers.... Welcome back!

Shateen wrote:
ooooo :D

*draws a air heart*

Thanks guys Smile

Shayden
Gehennas

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

110% yes! :D

xandara
Gehennas

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha the UBRS runs with the grey company - fun times

'waves'

Aallya
Baron Rivendare

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like totally the same applications as above except they seem to have sent me back to level 50, which is probably closer to the levels i was when i was very active, maybe they tailored this just for me.

So pretty please again?

Laelanthar
Gahz'rilla

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whole forums and recruitment moved to discord, so I dont know anyone will find you here Wink - https://discord.com/invite/JSpQmbpwXV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ebon Flame Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum