Home - Raid Calendar - Wiki - Search - Usergroups - Register - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - New Posts - Log in

Organising the Ebon Flame Guildhalls

Ebon Flame Forum Index -> Roleplay
Faelwen
Captain of the Flame

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Organising the Ebon Flame Guildhalls Reply with quote

OOC: Thats right! We are introducing some NPC's to Ebon Flame! These are people that are charged with day-to-day management of the Ebon Flame Keep. The background workers that add a little bit of extra depth and liveliness to our RP. So feel free to use them in any RP (in /g or in your stories) as long as you stick to the character descriptions Wink. Gradually more characters will be introduced.. some have always been with us, others are new.. for each NPC there will be an introduction post below and their character treats will be summed up in this first post... so keep in touch and check back here regularly! If you have any suggestions about a certain NPC don't hesitate to send me a PM or poke me in game!

Introducing the NPC's of the flame

Quartermaster
Ergen "Uncle" Boyd, the human quartermaster. A huge muscular sergeant in charge of facility management. He's aways in the background but makes sure the kitchen and great hall are spotless clean and the storerooms are always full. Although he is a man of few words, if he speaks, people listen. Hardly noone knows his real name as everyone refers to him as Uncle.
Wiki Codex link for Uncle

Last edited by Faelwen on Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:25 pm; edited 6 times in total

Faelwen
Captain of the Flame

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter one: Organising the guildhalls

“Hey! Are we out of bread? Again? I thought Fael placed an order for that!” Enerdhil frowned as he walked out of the kitchen. “Yeps.. and we’re out of cheese and butter as well. And someone drank the last bottle of good wine last night” Sofiana sighed. Enerdhil looked around the otherwise empty and messy guildhall. Mugs were littered across the many tables and a small pool of beer was formed right in front of the bar from a beermug that had fallen off the counter. A dozen of chairs were placed randomly around the fireplace. Enerdhil sighed as well as he looked at the plateau on the far side of the guildhall where the top-right corner of the guild tapestry came off the wall, hanging down in a majestic bow.

Both turned their heads to see Faelwen and Aresia enter the guildhall giggling. “Fael! Where’s the bread? And cheese? What happened here last night? What the hell is going on this place is a mess!”. “Wow wow easy there mister Strategist” Fael grinned and continued on a more serious note: “Dealing with suppliers, delivery schedules, goods, training, doing patrols and what else is needed to provide some sense of security to the people here.. it’s all too much to handle! You know how busy we all are here every day”. Sofiana gestured at the messy guildhall “Being busy shouldn’t be an excuse for this though”. “No” Enerdhil agreed “But something has to change. I’ll take this to Kinta and see if we can appoint someone to create some structure here”. With an angry sigh he sat down on one of the chairs next to a messy table and looked even more miserable the moment he jumped up again and glared at the chair. “Beer…. I’m going to see Kinta NOW!”. Sofiana snorted at Enerdhils wet behind and the two friends could hardly withhold their laughter. “Good luck Enny!” Aresia managed to yell after him before he left the guildhall to change clothes and find Kinta.

Last edited by Faelwen on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

Faelwen
Captain of the Flame

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Later that day:
“I don’t want to sound pesky, Kinta, but we need someone with some sense of responsibility to take charge over the Keep and the daily business” leaning against one of the walls of the warmasters room Enerdhil looked at Kinta sitting behind her desk. The gnome smiled and folded her hands, leaning backwards a bit. “Are you volunteering, Enerdhil? That’s very kind of you. I’m sure you have some spare time in your busy schedule”. Enerdhil rolled his eyes in disbelief “You can’t be serious! With my schedule? I think I’ll just drag along the first stranger I see in Lakeshire and appoint him to be quartermaster I kid you not!”. The gnomes eyes twinkled as if she had forseen the way the discussion developed “You know Ener… that isn’t such a bad suggestion. Although I wouldn’t drag along the first stranger”. The gnome chuckled and stood up from behind her desk “Find someone who will get the job done. We need someone with good organizational talent”. Enerdhil pouted “Hmm.. like someone ex-military. I’ll gently spread the word, drop a few notes here and there.. I like this idea very much! Are you sure about actually hiring someone?”. “I trust your judgement”, Kinta said “as long as you let me do the final interview”.

After Enerdhil left her office, Kinta sat down behind her desk and took a clean sheet of paper from a drawer to her left. She looked out the window to her right, patting the back of a pencil against an inkjar, lost in thought. Turning towards the blank paper she muttered to herself: “Right… organizing our guildhalls” and began to compose a list.

Faelwen
Captain of the Flame

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter two: People who get the job done
Introducing Ergen "Uncle" Boyd, the human quartermaster

A few days later in the guildhalls, late in the evening.

Victories are celebrated in a lot of different ways. The proud members of Ebon Flame probably celebrate their victories not that different from any other regiment. There’s drinking, laughing, dancing and it always gets late… very late! This particular evening was not different. The blood council was defeated, Festergut and Rotface overthrown and the path was clear to take on a new challenge.. the challenge of Professor Putricide. The party was well on its way but Kinta locked herself up in her room earlier that evening and hadn’t been seen yet…

“It’s just a scratch! You can tend to it later, hun” Faela smiled at Ortias who was running around patching the injured up a bit. The hunters were discussing the value of gems by the fireplace and treated their pets with extra snacks. Some of the warlocks and warriors gathered around a table where Carenne was dancing and singing, accidently knocking over a few beermugs. Kili walked in with a huge serving dish carrying a roasted quillboar, receiving a lot of cheers upon entering the guildhall.

Only few people noticed the door to the Warmasters room opening slowly and a huge muscular human stepped out and looked around with a neutral look on his face, apparently untouched by the folly of the moment. He walked from the Warmasters office straight through the crowd, picking up chairs that were tumbled over in his path and gathering a handful of empty mugs. He would have walked straight into the kitchen if Vanderwilde’s blade wouldn’t have cut his way, the flat part resting against the human’s chest. “And who might you be?” Vanderwilde asked while the partynoises faded and heads were turned towards the kitchen door. The human (who was over a foot taller than Vanderwilde) looked down and said as if it would explain everything “I’m Uncle”. He pushed the blade away and continued into the kitchen, leaving Vanderwilde behind with a baffled look on his face.

From the far side of the room Kinta observed the whole scene and smiled pleased before mingling with the partying flames who were already getting back to celebrating their victory.

(OOC: I also updated the first post! Read up please Wink )

Last edited by Faelwen on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Faelwen
Captain of the Flame

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a quiet and cold morning. A thick layer of fog lay across the lands surrounding the Keep. Heba stumbled into the guildhall and hardly could make out anything as it was still dark outside. There was light in the kitchen though and on her way to the kitchen Heba looked around the guildhall in awe. All the chairs were perfectly lined up, the tables were polished with oil, the fireplace was cleaned out.. even the ashes were swiped up.

Heba blinked a couple of times and entered the kitchen to look for something to eat. Uncle was washing his hands and looked over his shoulder, nodding at the handsome warlock. “You are up early! How are you. I think we haven’t been introduced yet. My name is Heba” the warlock made a slight bow and observed Uncle’s back as he kept washing his hands. Trying to maintain some form of conversation Heba continued “It’s impressive what you have done with the guildhall I must say”. Uncle turned around, a neutral look on his face. “There’s coffee if you want” he nodded, and walked out of the kitchen through the pantry outside to continue what he was doing. Heba grinned, shook her head and started to make a sandwich to take up back to her room.

Faelwen
Captain of the Flame

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Later that day
“Whats with all ‘em crates in the courtyard. There’s like fifty of em!” Kili barged towards Kinta who was eating in the guildhall. “Ergen had some suggestions about the layout of certain things and the placement of workshops at the moment. He is reorganizing” Kinta smiled at Kili and pointed at the chair next to her, offering Kili a seat. “I wouldn’t worry too much about it, Kili. He already does some outstanding work and I think he knows what he is doing. I’m actually interested in what he’ll come up with!”

Meanwhile.. outside in the dry storage room..
Uncle carried a pile of crates into the storage room and bumped into Perlin who was just leaving, a smear of chocolate on his chin. “Where are you going with those crates! Who ordered you to do that!” Perlin glanced at the giant blocking the doorway. Uncle looked down and smiled one of his rare smiles “Reorganising. I could use some.. muscle.. care to help?”. “Hrmpfhh” Perlin pushed himself against the shelves to let Uncle pass.

The quartermaster instantly began to pack the goods from the storage and transfer everything to the pantry next to the kitchen. When he was halfway done Kili strolled up from the guildhall and watched Uncle’s work. After a few trips back and forth to the pantry with full crates in his hands Uncle stopped and looked at Kili “Yes?”. The dwarf pointed at the diminishing pile of crates “What’n earth are ye doing, Lad?”. Uncle flexed his muscles while holding a pile of crates “Making room.. for an engineering workshop” and continued his way. Kili smiled, sweetly surprised and retreated to his room to sort his engineering tools.

Faelwen
Captain of the Flame

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late that night some flames had gathered in the guildhall, discussing their patrols in the area.
“There is too much kobold activity in the mountains lately” Telsadar took a sip of his wine “we should look into that”. Kenshou and Shenoy nodded in agreement but Seisence, who joined the patrol to aid ambushed travelers had her doubts “I don’t know.. Kobolds were never a real threat. I think the massing of Blackrock Orcs up north is more worrying. That area is of key strategic importance in this region and we are allowing way too much. I think we should report it to Kinta”.

The door to the guildhall opened and the quartermaster barged in with giant steps, paying no attention to the ones gathered in the guildhall. He walked straight into the warmasters office, disturbing Kinta in a discussion with Heba “Warmaster, you’d better take a look at something I found”. Heba frowned “Well.. now? We are kind of busy at the moment”. “Now”, Uncle replied and walked straight through the guildhall outside, followed by Kinta, Heba and the patrol members that overheard the conversation.

The dry store room was almost empty. All that remained was one small wooden cabinet in the corner that had contained different kinds of spices. The cabinet was moved from the corner, revealing a trail of scratch marks. Obviously the cabinet had been moved from left to right a lot. But what was even more concerning was the hole in the ground at the spot where the cabinet used to be. “There” Uncle pointed at the hole and the narrow passage leading down “I thought you should see it”.

OOC: What happened here? Kobolds, Orcs, plundering or perhaps something more worrying? Please send me a PM if you want to share your thoughts or just post a bit of open RP in this thread! Get involved!
PS: For more info on the guildhalls and Ebon Flame keep click here

Kili
Nefarian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kili looked through the hole in the floor.
"Someone's been setting off explosives down there."
Uncle looked down at the Dwarf. There were few members of the Flame that didn’t change during their time in the guild. Kili was a curious exception, but then the Dwarves of Ironforge had changed very little in their outlook or behaviour even throughout the wars against the Horde.
"Kinta and the officers asked me to have it checked out.” Uncle said
“And?” Kili had been helping Uncle re-fit the Dry Storage room to become a workshop for the guild’s engineers. The Dwarf liked to chat while working but Uncle had proved hard work. The keep’s caretaker hadn’t spoken much. The only thing that seemed even vaguely to excite the human was talk of the keep and its rooms.
“Apparently there were some goblins down there” Uncle seemed unmoved by the fact. “I hired some local help and they cleared it out. It’s nothing to worry about.”
“And the Crypt?” Kili asked.
“There’s some work to be done,” Uncle replied “I’ve spoken to Kinta about it and we will be consulting the owners.”
Kili wondered how much Uncle was keeping to himself. He knew that the keep must have had owners when it was built but it was one of the oldest human buildings in the Eastern Kingdoms and Kili suspected it had been here long before humans learnt how to build fortified buildings.
“Well this hole isn’t going to clear itself out.”

Kili lowered himself down the hole. There was the body of a goblin near the hole and a ladder that had been knocked away from the hole, following the tunnel round Kili saw signs of what looked like a substantial struggle. Barricades had been made leading towards the crypt under the keep, but they had been blasted apart with explosives. As if someone had been fighting a costly retreat. Uncle stood behind the Dwarf holding a lamp up to see what had happened.

“Which way?” Uncle asked.
“Towards the crypt.” Kili replied. “I doubt there’s anything that could have done much damage there, we can check these tunnels out on the way back.”
The tunnel led on through the darkness toward the crypt. There were a number of broken barricades along the tunnel and then they found the opening into the depths of the keep.
“This wont be easy to repair” Kili said looking at the broken wall of the crypt proper. The wall was more than 5 ft wide and had been broken through without much trouble.
“What could be powerful enough to do this?” Uncle asked Kili.
“With the right know how, anyone.” Answered the Dwarf. “Goblin engineers like to use explosives for all sorts of fun. I’d say a couple of blasts would get through here.”
A look of concern passed across Uncle’s face.
“Don’t ye worry.” Kili spoke matter of factly to Uncle, pleased that for once the old man was on the back foot. “When we stop up this tunnel I’ll be sure to include enough steel and rock to cause some big problems for anyone trying to repeat this trick.”

Kili stepped gingerly out into the crypt. Dim light filled the room but something was missing.
“Where’s the third box?” Kili asked.
“Box?” Although calm, Uncle was clearly unnerved by this what had happened down here.
“Aye, there’s supposed to be three coffin boxes down here ain’t there?” Kili was beginning to get tetchy with Uncle, he didn’t like having to make long explanations.
“Ah the sarcophagi,” Uncle responded. “I understood one had been damaged, but I don’t know who could have removed it. I don’t have the key to that area. I’m not sure who does to be honest.”
Kili looked up at the caretaker clearly unsatisfied with the answer.
“Come on then. Let’s go see where these goblins came in.”

Kili headed back into the tunnels beneath the storage rooms. There was an intersection that led off to the east. After some 30 feet it opened up into a larger room which had clearly been a staging point. Tunnelling equipment and explosives littered the room, along with the bodies of 10 goblins. The far end of the room appeared to have collapsed. A huge block of stone had cut the room off hiding any trace of how the invading goblins might have tunnelled under the crypt.
“Did yer clean up crew tell ye anything about this?” Kili looked up at Uncle.
“They followed a tunnel out to the border of Redridge and Elwynn. I doubt anything could get through that stone.” Uncle sounded as if he was trying to reassure himself as much as Kili.
“Maybe,” the Dwarf replied. “Still it’d be best to go check outside, I don’t want nothin’ sneaking into the keep while I’m asleep. Anyway let’s get back upstairs and we can block up the hole from the workshop.”

Faelwen
Captain of the Flame

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter three: too marvellous to be a maid
Introducing Lucy Boyd, the human barmaid, daughter of Ergen "Uncle" Boyd
Also introducing Alrick, the human stableboy

The excitement so close to their own keep startled Uncle. The touch of a blade was comforting.. he missed it. Now that peace had returned he felt restless and alone. The letter he recieved that morning hadn't helped either, every word written with delicate small letters was etched in his brain. He sighed and got up, heading towards Kinta's office.

"Excuse me, warmaster. Could you take a look at this?". The gnome looked up from a dozen of papers, her face annoyed for just a second before a broad smile appeared on her face. "Yes sure, mister Boyd" and she took the letter from his hands. She read it slowly and nodded frequently and when she finally looked up she nodded at Uncle "I think I know what you are about to ask me". The giant nodded silently at the gnome "I just miss her..". Kinta nodded and smiled politely "She is welcome, my friend".

Last edited by Faelwen on Tue May 11, 2010 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Faelwen
Captain of the Flame

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Stop drooling boy" Although Enerdhil's words sounded harsh, the gentle ruffle of the stableboys hair toned his words down. Enerdhil grinned at Kenshou who was polishing his breastplate in the back of the stables, chuckling back at the Draenei. Alrick peeked at the courtyard from around the corner of one of the pillars supporting the stable's roof. He had been a stableboy for the Flame for several months and although there was a lot of work to be done, he felt proud of what he did and whistled as he swiped the floors.

Alrick swallowed, the young woman walking gracefully across the courtyard had reached Allistair who was waiting at the well. He couldn't make out what was said but assumed Alli welcomed her to the Flame. Ergen placed two suitcases on the soil and lay his hand on the young female's shoulder. She looked up, the sun brightening her long blonde hair and angelic face. Alrick sighed and swallowed again "Trust me.. you'll soon get to meet our new barmaid, son" Enerdhil poked the end of a broom against Alricks back and added smiling: "after these chores that is ofcourse!". Alrick took the broom and started swiping the floor "Barmaid.. she's too marvellous to be a maid I'm telling you". "Swipe lad!" Kili slapped the boy on the back and helped him out, swiping from the other end of the stable. The louder the hunters chuckled and laughed, the harder the boy blushed, but in his heart he felt a warm tingle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ebon Flame Forum Index -> Roleplay All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: