Joined: 09 Jan 2010
|Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:38 pm Post subject: Step 1: Interested in joining Ebon Flame? Please read this.
|Thank you for your interest in the Ebon Flame!
Ebon Flame is a guild which combines professional raiding in a friendly and rewarding environment, a great and long-lived community of welcoming people, and a history rich in roleplay & stability. Underlying all of this is a sense of all members committing to working for the betterment of Ebon Flame as a whole by contributing what they can, and enjoying the fruits of what is on offer to all member and the events that take place.
Our members are people, just like you. Most of us are adult and are working/studying full-time and playing WoW in our spare time. Quite a few of us have families and commitments beyond the game, and words cannot express how valuable it is to us having a well-organised and stable guild to treat as our home in WoW. Although we have members from many national backgrounds, we expect a certain level of skill in the English language, both written and spoken as well as a healthy respect for others. Our philosophy is to be professional not "l33t" - when we do something, we do it properly, but we won't sacrifice everything on the altar of progress.
Because our community is so strong, and indeed is the backbone of our guild, our recruitment process is deliberately thorough to make sure that new people fit in, and fit in well. We are one of the oldest guilds on Moonglade and have managed that longevity by carefully choosing who our members are; so please understand that this process may take a little time. We want to get to know you, and to know that we are the right guild for you.
Ebon Flame general requirements:
- Good experience with World of Warcraft, and actively be playing your character.
- A willingness to help others. When WoW first launched way back when, it was common to see trade and general bombarded with helpful people offering advice, items, or themselves to help with quests or dungeons. Unfortunately the game has moved away from that sense of community over the years, but fortunately Ebon Flame has not.
- Cordial attitude. We try to foster a positive and constructive attitude. Therefore we do not accept any sort of griefing, trolling, or generally any kind negativity or nonconstructive criticism towards any other member of the guild. We ask that members of our guild treat others as they themselves expect to be treated - on the basis that you do not expect to be treated like shit!
- An understanding and acceptance of guild policies. These are listed in detail on the members boards.
- Conversational English to a good standard. You don't have to be completely fluent, but it helps if we can understand you.
- At least 18 years old IRL. Sorry, but we have to draw the line somewhere, and emotional/physical/intellectual maturity is a large part of who we are.
- Must not actively raid on another character with any other raiding guild. Social alts in other guilds are fine.
- Experience with current end-game content. We are looking for raiders who are going to be able to jump onto one of our raiding teams and make a positive impact.
- Knowledge and experience with add-ons. We require raiders to use Deadly Boss Mods, and be willing to use any other add-ons that may be required for specific fights. We ask that you know how to install and use add-ons, and keep them up to date.
- Reliable connection and computer. This one speaks for itself. A single disconnect can wipe a raid, especially in a 10-man raiding environment.
- Ability to use voice comms (specifically Mumble) to help with co-ordination during raids. You must at least be willing to listen.
- Excellent knowledge of your class. Both with your main spec and with an appropriate off-spec, if required.
- Ability to consistently sign-up for raids. We prefer our raiders to be able to make at least 2 out of our 3 weekly raids.
If you are interested in joining Ebon Flame, click here to begin the application process!