Home - Raid Calendar - Wiki - Search - Usergroups - Register - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - New Posts - Log in

Líandrí (a social and leveling druid)

Ebon Flame Forum Index -> Recruitment
Liandri
Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Líandrí (a social and leveling druid) Reply with quote

Líandrí is a L100 druid, but I've not completely decided what specs to focus on. One of the reason I want to play druid is because of the variety to choose from. I think she will be range dps and healer. Maybe some tanking for group-play.

I am applying to be a social member, or have a social spot, so we can take raid stuff later when the character has reached a meaningful itemlevel for raids.

I do NOT expect that I want to raid mythic. I do enjoy raiding, but I look for the group effort and social aspect. A very competitive race to the top doesn't appeal to me.

Some background:
Surprisingly (to me) is Liandri not particularly warmhearted. She think of herself more as a priestess of Elune, than a druid caring about the nature.

True, she is loving being outdoor at night, seemingly in solitude in the quiet nights, but knowing that lots of things are crawling, hunting and working in the night.

While she isn't very emotionally connected with being a druid, does she still connect and understand all the annoying little circles of life...that goes on and on and on and... Like when healing someone that has been stupid, like, say someone insisting on being in front of the pack to draw attention and the beating from the enemies; endless cycles of stupidity repeated again and again; and they love it! It is incredible, people put on their brave and stern faces and charges into the fights...and she get a share of the treasures for doing nothing and standing safe and sound behind those hurting and molested people in the front. It is an incredible concept to her.

But what does she love? I think that quite often doesn't she do that, not consciously. Or perhaps her own "irrational" ideas about clothing, delicious food and being unseen in the night is a kind of love. Or, perhaps it just used to be something like love sometime long long time ago, back when she was young.

I am not sure I can properly explain her feelings and thoughts on this, but when she heals people does she think it is good that they hurt a little. Not that she delays healing anyone; she isn't cruel or sadistic, it is just the absurdity of this cycle of brave faces being smashed to pulp, just to be patched up and sent out to be smashed up again, still with the brave and sincere look on the face.

It is like beating up children to make them good; it...just doesn't make sense! So over the years, perhaps to protect herself a little, has she grown dissociated and numb to the actual suffering even when it isn't volunteers that get it.

PS: Don't worry about the player behind Liandri. I am a highly empathic person Smile

Liandri is an women's name from South-Africa, but I think it sound a little night-elfy Smile

Why I you wish to try out Ebon Flame: I searched the guild-finder tool. What it said was bit vague, so I asked Monthius a few questions and what Monthius said sounded right. So here I am to test if it is real, or if it was just bragging :D

The things that sounded right was a reasonably social and positive guild. It doesn't seem to be completely goody-two-shoes/mary-sue and not hardcore "raid mythic or die" either. Quite a question: " What do you believe makes you unique in what you can offer to the guild?"

My preferred role in raids: I am probably most experienced as healer, be it holy, discipline (loved how that used to be), shadow (back when that actually could add something unique and useful in the form of raid healing), restoration shaman and restoration druid. I have little experience as monk and holy paladin, but I don't really like those two very much either. Holy paladin has been ok for arenas I think. So if I am to raid am I probably best as healer. I've always dreamed about being a raid tank, though, but it creeps me out when I try, but that might be just the lack of experience so I don't expect I'll be likely to volunteer without a lot of social padding.

Though, when it comes to tanking in group-content do I enjoy protection paladin more than druid. Demon hunter tanking is fantastic fun, but probably have less tools, so not sure how it does in higher mythics and such.

I am looking for a dps spec that I can handle decently well and enjoy, but usually do I end up most relaxed as a healer. It is bit irritating as it makes me feel like a nomad when it comes to "finding my character" that isn't to just heal.

About recommendations: I've only spoken to Monthius. Not sure if that member would recommend me, though.

Previous membership of other guilds: I've been in so many guilds since I started playing wow. I don't remember half of them.I've had a break through all of Warlords of Draenor and most of Legion. The old guild leader quit and disbanded her guild. I got back...around 2 months ago now and been trying out various guilds as tryout. I've tried out The Wyld Hunt a few days, but that was really not my cup of tea. I am currently with a character as a a social member of Wei Wu Wei. Never been a member of Ebon Flame.

General experience: I easily get cold and do not like the smell of dogs..."
I've played WoW since the beginning. Met Ragnaros a few times in Vanilla. Was very casual during Burning Crusade. More raiding in the B-group in Wrath of the Lich King. Was not very active in Cataclysm, but did some raiding in the B-group at the end of the expansion. Very active in Pandaria, lots of raiding, but not in a primarily raid guild. Warlords of Draenor did I not play.

Other MMOs are: Anarchy Online, some Ultima Online, Everquest2, Age of Conan, Secret World, Star-Wars The Old Republic, Eldar Scrolls Online...+

What I like to do: it depends a lot on how home I feel with my current characters, but I like most things. Some PvP, some raiding, being brave and tanking in group content. I can like the stories, but I find it hard to really enjoy questing. With a friend is it fine though and I honestly think Blizzard has done something really good when designing Legion. While I don't like everything, like how some specs has ended up/scaling of gear/legendary drops, is it, in my opinion, the best expansion this far.

I am an adult, +30. Has worked most with psychology in various forms, like in the military and related to children.

Addons and Various tech stuff: I am used to addons like DBM/clickheal. Not really big on WeakAura. I tend to customize most of the UI.
Got Headset - can talk. Usually have stable connection. My computer has not had problems with raids, but I'll keep a tab on the fps as I've not paid attention to it in years.

About me: In general am I social and quite inclusive. I do not enjoy drama and I avoid making any. I do dislike bad attitudes and I think it is important to stick to sign-ups. Respecting each other also includes not sabotaging the time so many are spending, especially when it comes to handling the raid activities.

I hope this seems coherent. Unfortunately do I have to stop now, so it will have to do regardless.

Shayden
Gehennas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Líandrí,

Thank you for taking the time to fully flesh out the application. I will poke you in game for a quick chat, quite possibly tonight if you are around.

Regards,

Liandri
Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and good morning.
My post got bit messy, but I had to go so I didn't have time to clean it up.

The last week have I been online mostly early in the day (mornings), but I hope we'll manage to have a chat eventually.

IC Diary:

Visited Evenis and her husband in Darnassus. It always feel so good to meet her again; it always feel so sad to meet her again. The look in her face, the worry in her eyes...That love feels so overwhelming. It makes my inside feel like jelly, shivering and anxious. In a way would I have loved to put my head in her lap one evening with the wine and weather creating a soft and warm setting for two old friends to sit quietly together while her irritatingly perfect husband that suits her so well could be busy with something else and spill it all out; to satisfy her curiosity, to trample her illusions and respect for me, but also perhaps her respect for herself.

I just don't want her to have reasons to have that worried look in her eyes. I do not want to confirm that life does have consequences; I don't want her to feel bad about having a good life with a good family in a nice home and living a postcard-like successful upper middle-class life. She deserves her life too!

Evenis said she consider getting a third child now that her other two has grown up and moved from home. It makes her feel young, she said. I said she should be careful in case the universe decides to bring balance in all the perfection in her family, because if it did would her next little wonder poster-child probably be the second coming of Sargeras! She didn't take it at first, but I explained that I wasn't serious and I said that many would envy her energy and will to have children. I smiled and tried to smooth over the poor and somewhat rough joke. We didn't go deeper into the topic of Sargeras...

Early in the morning did I sneak out and went behind the old general store at the Terrace. It was the spot for my first date. No, it would be bit much to call it a date. Rather it was "Aiere" (I don't remember her full name) that was bored and probably was looking for some quick fix on her cravings for attention. And she got it. Never did I knew that a wet and grey autumn could be so exciting. Never did I know that a winter could be so lonely when she didn't want to meet again. She is a priestess of Elune now, somewhere in Feralas I believe.

The place behind the old store is completely different now. The store is gone and some modern non-living houses is there instead. Looks like they are inspired by Shatrat. Some draenei/Exodar influence, certainly.

For those keeping score: Grave - Liandri: +1 - 0 (Still have not visited my husband's grave...and I am just so happy Evenis doesn't know about that problem of mine.)

Sitting on Legerdemain, enjoying a nice Honey Croissant. Except it doesn't seem so nice after visiting Evenis. Things has a tendency to pale after being enveloped in the glow of hers. Though, the perfectly roasted espresso here at Legedermain can stand the scrutiny. Sir Jonathan Trueheart didn't seem to notice me today (the small blessings). Classic stoic warrior with philosophy and discipline to back it up...but he is just too much for me sometimes. Perhaps I just don't take all the ideals and politics seriously enough, or that I am just irrational about him.

Why do I seem so old when I write to you? Why do I feel so old when I write? I am not like that when I am at work, am I? Just look at all the exciting things I've done today and it is just 7 in the morning; I've bossed around some troops and sorted out mission paperwork, started a new fortification...(that I think is dead ugly, but efficient design and stingy use of resources doesn't often leave room for niceties).

And all the druid stuff...I don't care for it. Can't they recruit that Thrall-guy? He seems "druidy" enough and he seems to love to and have a knack for gently prodding the right people gently in the right directions.

I'm annoyed. Best to stop writing and just enjoy my coffee.

Liandri
Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IC Diary:

And how the freaking whatever is it so damn impossible for those goblins at the hairdresser to dye my hair black!? Why does it turn out blue! Or purple?! And when I said I was disapointed last time did they decide that it would be the right thing to bleach it platinum blonde!

Freaking green horde infiltrators!

Shayden
Gehennas

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey again Liandri. I tried to find you several times last week to no avail. Let me know if you will be around this holiday weekend for a little chat.

Regards,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ebon Flame Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum