Home - Raid Calendar - Wiki - Search - Usergroups - Register - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - New Posts - Log in

Adessia - Death Knight (Social / Casual / Raid Stowaway) App

Ebon Flame Forum Index -> Recruitment
Adessia
Murloc

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:17 pm† †Post subject: Adessia - Death Knight (Social / Casual / Raid Stowaway) App Reply with quote

1. Character name, class, current main/off-spec, and level:

Adessia: 110 Blood Death Knight (Frost off-spec)

2. Character background:

I acquire information, thatís what I do.
    Information is power, thatís what the Lich King always said.
    And I acquire information.
    Information is a commodity, my acquiring it makes me an investment.
    The Lich Kingís investment.

And as investments go I am a rare one. I mean, youíve got to be skilled to do what I do.
    Itís a craft, some would say an art breaking the law in the manner of my profession.
    But there you go
    Ins and outs, whys and wherefores, possibilities and perchances

See the way I see it, lifeís not happy thing and itís played out at the speed of an X53 Touring Rocket nose down accelerating towards the earth.
    So you only notice that every so often.
    But so what, thereís fun to be had just staring out of the window watching Azeroth commit suicide every day.

In the end though, the scary thing is there isnít much more to know about me.
    Someone once said to me that personality is just an accumulation of experience and I canít remember actually ever leaving The Ebon Hold.
    So if you follow that line, I donít exist only the Citadel.
    Crazy iníit.

Do you see what I am trying to say cause it can be a little confusing.
    I donít exist only the experiences.
    And here I am every day and whatís a girl to do?

3. Preferred role in raids:

I have never raided in WOW.

I am one of those genuinely new players but I used to raid in EQ2 either as utility (I was always the one who was given the 'you must not fail to press this button' job or run and jump in this pool of blood to stop the raid exploding job) and then as off tank in a WW top 5 guild.

I finally retired into the role of main tank is a slightly less demanding raid force where I could just position the mob, keep agro, time my blockers and let the healers do all of the actual the work :D

4. Why do you wish to join Ebon Flame?

I only started playing around the turn of the year with my partner and our small son and so we do not know anybody in game.

However, I did join an Ebon Flame pick up raid for a quest kill and have come across Ebon Flame players in Invasion Points and they have always been calm, polite and more importantly seem to enjoy playing the game.

I am looking for a guild that has fun together, can be silly while still actually achieving things and does it all with good nature and a smile.

5. Recommendations:

No one, I donít think my little boy counts. He thinks I am the best.

6. Previous membership of other guilds:

None, well we have a family guild to stop our 8 year old being spammed by random guild invites, but there are only the three of us in it

7. General Experience:

In WOW Ė None at all Razz

Well maybe not none, we have trioíd legacy raids and most Legion dungeons <Flex>

I have 5 level 110ís so I know the latest expansions pretty well.

8. Raiding Experience:

As I mentioned, none at all in WOW but I was in a top EQ2 guild raiding four nights a week with call lists for contested mobs for many years and so I am used to raid etiquette, how to sim, work out strats and min / max. I wake in a cold sweat if I leave an item slot unadorned.

I also used to PvP in a set 8 man group in Dark Ages of Camelot for those of you that remember the game.

9. RL age bracket:

I am in my 40ís, and a University Professor from the UK

10. WoW Armory link:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/moonglade/adessia

11. Main and Off-Specs:

Blood mainly but with a little Frost thrown in.

12. Raiding Intentions:

No set intentions, I would like to raid but I am not expecting to outside of alt raids and off nights and even then I am happy to play any role, including the sacrificial lamb.

I haven't even peeped into a mythic dungeon let alone tanked one, and so although I am happy to sacrifice your lives over and over again to the raid gods I am not expecting you all to feel the same :D

13. Addons:

A modified Elv UI
    Big Wigs (most modules)
    ComboPoints
    Details
    Grid
    Little wigs
    Omen 3
    Pawn
    RCLootCouncil
    Simulationcraft
    TellMeWhen
    WeakAuras2 (disabled currently)
    World Quest List and Group finder

14. Voice Communications:

Currently have Discord and Teamspeak 3 installed and have used Ventrilo in the past

15. Internet Connection/Computer Performance:

Okay I guess. I am playing on an old Macbook Pro, but it is fairly twinked out for Motion capture, VR and VFX work. However it is still a Mac and so a little flaky at times, I have to run my aging nostromo pad, mouse and keyboard through some open source drivers that can break occasionally.

Internet connection is okay, we have fast broadband but live in a little village so it can fall over from time to time.

16. The Bonus Question:

I am looking to be a casual member, but I am quite flexible if the chance to raid at some point arose.

In a similar vain, although I have applied on Death Knight as it is the character I play the most I am equally happy to play one of my others instead, I'm equally incompetent on them all.

Sofiana
Kel'Thuzad

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:49 pm† †Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Adessia. Smile Please catch me for an interview, I'm on battletag Maakeff#2387!

Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Ebon Flame Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum