Home - Raid Calendar - Wiki - Search - Usergroups - Register - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - New Posts - Log in

Moonrise - Monthly Event
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ebon Flame Forum Index -> Roleplay
Nataari
Worgen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:16 am Post subject: Moonrise - Monthly Event Reply with quote

Leaflets are pinned to some houses of Stormwinds various districts and woodlands. Approaching one of the announcements, it is visible that the text is held both in Common as well as in Darnassian.

"Ishnu'Alah, Kal'Dorei brethren and friends and citizens of Stormwind!

Back in the past years, the Nightelves of Kalimdor have invited your allies and kinsman alike to join the old Kal'Dorei custom of the monthly Moonrise, to share your friendship and your praises to Elune. In the light of recent events, your homelands became contested, with many of you finding refuge here on the other side of the world, which was surely no easy choice for you.

Now we invite you to continue your custom, here in Stormwind, in the circle of your friends and allies. Your homelands may be far away and troubled these days, but we are all gazing upon the same moon.

Be welcome to join us on the 1st sunday of this month, and every month, by the old grove above Stormwind Harbour, to share an evening of kinship and reminisce. There will be food and drink, and Cherwina will hold the prayer when it is time to receive the Goodnesses blessing.

The festivities will commence an hour before Moonrise, and everyone is welcome! Leave your grudges and your weapons behind, and enjoy with us a peaceful celebration of Elune, of kinship and of the beauty of nature.

We are looking forward to see you there!"

OOC:
Not many server wide RP events these days - a few of us have recently gathered and would love to revive one of the longest standing and most beautiful server traditions of Moonglade EU, back in the days hosted by the Nightelf guilds Handmaidens of Elune and Shadow Sentinels.
With Darnassus gone, Northwestern Kalimdor being contested territory and many Nightelves being displaced to Stormwind, we decided to shift this long standing Kaldorei event - at least temporarily - to the outskirts of Stormwind, to make it accessible to all and let the refugees share one of their age old customs with their allies.

When?

NEXT sunday March 3rd, from 21:00pm server time!

Who is invited?

Everyone!
Please respect the Kaldorei customs for this event:
No weapons (a weapon rack will be available close to the event)
Also, please no open use of magic of any kind, or companions against the laws of nature.

Location?

The small glade left of Stormwind Harbour. From the harbour, ride outside along the city wall and up the hills, until you reach a little forested area with open views to the sea

Questions?

Post here, poke me ingame (often on on Xhela / Kheluun/ BingBing these days) or ask around in /LookingforRP

Hope to see you all there!

Nataari
Worgen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

First off an apology for the choice of days, especially since it is a reoccuring event.

I am aware it collides with the EF raid night, but after voting it turned out the most popular choice among the RPers present yesterday, as well as the only night when the 3 present organizers were able to commit on a monthly basis.
However, still hope to welcome social member who would fancy to join and spend a monthly night with the RP community! Smile

Perlin
Treasurer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Love that the event will get revitalized like this! Looking forward to the first one :D

Materalus
Chromaggus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I wholeheartedly support this. I will attend whenever I can.

Will you (Nat) be bumping this thread to alert us whenever the event is coming up each month?

Screenshot competitions!

Need something resolved? Don't hesitate to get in touch:
LukeStrife#2143

Nataari
Worgen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I surely will! Smile Thanks for the support!!

Laelanthar
Gahz'rilla

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Nataari, it was wonderful experience!

Thank you for your participation in organising this... It was really moving. I hope next months will show, that this tradition is worth of continuation. Thanks!

Nataari
Worgen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for joining in! It was great last night, and not a bad turnout at all for the first of its kind:

https://ibb.co/kh3BPVD

Indeed, so much memory lane.. hope you enjoyed the location as well, despite preferring Kalimdor Smile

Let's hope it' the first of many - next one would be sunday, April 7th.. !

Materalus
Chromaggus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an awesome screenshot. What kinds of conversations did you all have?

Screenshot competitions!

Need something resolved? Don't hesitate to get in touch:
LukeStrife#2143

Kazastrophia
Geddon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame it was on a raid night, I would love to have attended to it

Cordelea
Murloc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I read this too late to attend this one. Will hopefully be able to make it to the April one!

Nataari
Worgen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Materalus wrote:
That's an awesome screenshot. What kinds of conversations did you all have?

It was mainly just open RP and chatter between the participants, plus Cherwina's Kaldorei prayer during the Moonrise itself. So just a relaxed eve of IC feasting Wink

Yes, hopefully you guys can take part sometime, despite the sunday raid. Cordelea, we'll be happy if you poke by!
Will re- announce the next one closer to the time!

Nataari
Worgen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Materalus wrote:

Will you (Nat) be bumping this thread to alert us whenever the event is coming up each month?

Bumpy Tiiiiiime!

New month, new moon: Next Moonrise will take place on the first sunday of the month: that would be April 6th at 21pm server time!
Same spot, that lovely little glade overlooking the sea above Stormwind Harbour.!

It's all only loosely organized, that means just open RP, and whatever the players want to contribute (Laelanthar, if you want to do this speech you mentioned, would be very excited to hear Smile )

Hope to see some of you there Smile

Laelanthar
Gahz'rilla

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course Smile May we meet together with priestess in game? For example in tuesday or wednesday evening?

Nataari
Worgen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:19 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Laelanthar wrote:
Of course Smile May we meet together with priestess in game? For example in tuesday or wednesday evening?

I'm afraid Cherwina said she won't make it to the event this weekend, hopefully we'll have another volunteer, hehe.

Laelanthar
Gahz'rilla

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:06 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I may take leading ceremony on myself, if we dont have any other volunteers... :3

Post new topicReply to topic Ebon Flame Forum Index -> Roleplay All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: